The Salesforce integration allows you to share any object from Salesforce, be it a lead, an opportunity or even a custom object, right in the conversation stream on Glip. Click here for more information on how to use the integration, but read on for details on how to set it up first. Note that you'll need to be a Salesforce administrator to complete the setup.
In your Salesforce instance, click on Setup at the top of the page. In the Build section of the left pane, click on Create, and then when that section expands, click on Apps.
Now, on the Apps page, scroll down to the "Connected Apps" section and click on the New button to create a new connected app.
You should now see the New Connected App page. In the "Basic Information" section, enter a Connected App Name, API Name, and your email address.
In the "API (Enable OAuth Settings)" section, check the box to Enable OAuth settings to display the following form.
In the Callback URL box, enter the following two URLs:
Select the following OAuth Scopes by clicking on them in the Available list and then clicking the right-arrow button to move them over to the Selected list.
- Access and manage your data (api)
- Full access (full)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
Does your company use SSO to access Salesforce? If so, you'll need to enable SAML by checking the box in the Web App Settings section.
Then, fill out the rest of the section as follow.
- Start URL - Saml entry point.
- Entity ID - ID of the SAML service provider.
- ACS URL - Assertion consumer service URL.
- Enable Single Logout - Allow users to logout of SSO when logging out of Salesforce.
- Subject Type - Primary identifier.
- Name ID Format - Format of identification.
- Issuer - Domain of cert issuer.
- IdP Certificate - Certification to be used during handshakes.
- Verify Signatures - Use certs to verify requests.
- Encrypt Response - Send encrypted responses.
Now that all of the information for the connected app has been completed, click on the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Congratulations, you are almost ready! Just copy your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret into the fields below. Don't worry, we won't share them with anyone! It may take a few minutes for Salesforce to process the necessary data, but you'll then be ready to start sharing Salesforce objects right in the conversation stream on Glip.