The Administration page can be found under the company menu at the top of the left pane, and is only accessible by users that are administrators for your company on Glip. The page is broken into the following sections.
The Administrators section lists all of your company's Glip administrators (admins). By default, the first person at your company to sign up for Glip is an admin. The person who makes the payment when you subscribe to either Glip's Basic or Pro plans also becomes an admin.
When you mouse over an admin's entry in the list, a gear menu appears at the right with options to remove the person's admin rights or view their profile.
Admins on Glip can:
- Remove people from your company on Glip, whether its a co-worker or guest. Non-admins can only remove people that have been added, but haven't actually signed up yet.
- Unlock accounts that have been locked for too many failed login attempts. You'll see a red Unlock button next to entries on the People page that have been locked.
- See all guests (i.e., people not on your company's private email domain) on the People page, whereas non-admins can only see guests that they are in a conversation with.
- Delete posts made by other people. Note, though, that admins can't delete posts from conversations in which they aren't a participant.
- Assign admin privileges to other co-workers.
- Export company data, although this can be limited to a subset of admins. See Compliance Exports for more information.
This section contains administrative settings that apply to your entire company on Glip. At the moment there's just one, but more are coming soon!
- Allow off-domain co-workers? - Turn this setting off to prevent people from adding co-workers that don't have an email address on your company's private domain(s).
- Giphy - Determine whether or not users can share GIFs from Giphy and, if so, what is the maximum rating allowed.
Data Retention Policies
By default, all messages and content on Glip is kept forever, but data retention policies allow you to have messages automatically deleted after a certain period of time. See Data Retention Policies for more information.
Export your company's data on Glip, for either compliance purposes or just peace of mind. See Compliance Exports for more information.